Friday, December 30, 2011

You Knew This One Was Coming....

As 2011 draws to a close, and 2012 is quickly approaching, it leaves me, as well as many others, pondering what is that I "change" or "improve" this year?

In many years past, I have made the "get in shape" resolution, that quickly fizzled out by February. Then I've had the bright idea to try and change something about my life, about me that is virtually unchangeable. That just left me disappointed and feeling more like a failure. Boo!

This year, I focus on ME! Selfish me! My new year's resolutions have always been for the benefit of others, and mainly because my heart wasn't completely in it.

John and I have completed our family. I no longer have the excuse of another baby coming along, so why get in shape. This IS the year! I will be trying out p90x (I hear it's a challenge, but one I graciously accept) as well as throwing in a Flying Pig Marathon relay! I CAN DO IT!

The other part of my New Year's Resolution is to learn how to really use my Canon. I have an ever growing interest in photography, specifically portrait photography, but realize there is so much to learn.

If you are reading this, it's because you give a damn or you are bored. At any rate, if you are reading this, I know you understand New Year's Resolutions are a challenge and often times require support from family and friends to be successful! Leave comments! Words of encouragement! I would appreciate it (yes, I am desperately begging)!

Thanks in advance!

Happy New Year, 2012! May this year be the best ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment