Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Got Milk?

Twelve week of maternity leave are coming to a close. What a twelve weeks it has been. As from my previous post, you know I didn't bounce back the way I thought I would, I was knocked on my rear for longer than I had expected. Nonetheless, it was a great maternity leave, so back to rehabing patients I go!

I have built up my stash of "Mommy's Milk" (over 100 ounces) and have it frozen, ready for my time away from baby. Near are the mornings of waking up at 4:30 am to pump, off to the gym by 5:00 am, only to return by 6:00 am to feed once more! It's a lot of work, but worth every minute. I do physical therapy in the home, so I have to pump in my car. Finding a "safe" and private place to pump is often challenging. I have successfully breastfed the others with a similar schedule, and it's all seemed to work out well.

All this I do for the love of my child. I enjoy breastfeeding. Everytime I take them for a check up, put them on the scale and see how much they have grown, I know they a bigger because of ME! That's rewarding. The special time I have spent feeding my children in the middle of the night, just us, is awesome, something I would love to have back with each one of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment